Happy 2019 Panther Nation!
We are back in the groove after what I hope was a fun and restful winter break for all! It didn’t take long for us to realize that our spring semester is going to be as busy, if not more, than the fall. I am excited for what we have in store for the second half of this school year, and appreciative of your support as we forge ahead!
I am thrilled to launch our “Be-Kind” campaign this month. Our administration, teachers and staff will work with Panthers to highlight traits we all need to effectively and positively interact with others. We will begin lessons on what these character traits look like, offer incentives for students “caught being kind”, and even conduct assemblies.
We are also thrilled to announce that The Leader community newspaper will showcase student work from our school’s feeder pattern in the coming months. Frank Black’s work will be featured in March!
We have a group of innovative 6th – 8th grade students who have started a FBMS Media Team. These students will be creating digital morning announcements to keep us in the 21st Century!
If you are able to, please plan to attend a community meeting hosted by Houston ISD school board member Rhonda Skillern-Jones to discuss the district’s superintendent search on Wed. Jan. 23 at 1 pm in the FBMS Theater.
Wait! There’s more! Please make note of these important dates and events:
· Early Dismissal – Friday, Jan. 18 at 12:30 pm
· MLK Holiday, No School – Monday Jan. 21
· Saturday Tutorials – Sat. Jan 26; Feb 2, 16; March 2, 23; April 6, 13, 27; May 4
· FBMS Student Council Superbowl of Caring Food Drive (non-perishables) - Jan. 22-Feb. 1
· FBMS Campus Service Saturday – Sat. Jan. 26 from 9 am – 12 pm
· Math & Science Night– Monday, Jan. 31, 4:30-6:00 pm
· FBMS PTO General Meeting (during Math/Science Night) – Monday, Jan. 31at 5:30 pm
· Free Vaccine Clinic – Wed. Feb 6
· Anchors Up for FBMS Auction – Friday, Feb 8, 7 pm at SPJST Lodge
· FBMS Spirit Night – Friday, Feb. 15 at the Dairy Ashford Roller Rink
My door is always open and I welcome your input and feedback!
Ms. Rhonda Honore’