Good Day Parents and Students!
Next Week marks the beginning of an exciting time in every child’s life, the first day of school! We have been working diligently all summer to make sure that we are prepared for your students! Please find attached a bell schedule for your convenience and a welcome back letter.
Some things to keep in mind for tor the first day:
- Please arrive as early as possible, traffic on the first day is always a challenge, and with recent growth we expect even more panthers tomorrow.
- All 6th grade home rooms have been posted in the cafeteria, and all 7th and 8th grade homerooms have been posted in the gymnasium. Students will need to report there before 7:50. After 7:50 they need to report to their building. Posters are also up in the main buildings.
- Due to unexpected enrollment some homerooms have changed since Panther Camp, please make sure your child knows to review the homeroom postings before reporting to their homeroom.
- Students will be receiving their opening day packets to bring home at the end of the day Tuesday. There are important forms contained within, please make sure and review all the forms.
- Students will receive schedule change request forms as well on Wednesday. These require parental approval. All schedule change requests must be turned in during the first two weeks of school.
- After 4 PM all students still waiting to be picked up will be relocated to the cafeteria. Our after school care program will continue this year, students wishing to participate will be bringing home enrollment forms.
- Students who did not receive ID badges during Panther Camp or did not have their pictures taken will do so during lunch on an alpha rotation. This will be explained to the students tomorrow during Homeroom.
If you have any questions or need any assistance please feel free to contact the school or the appropriate dean listed below
Ms. Livas 6th Grade- Shelene.Livas@houstonisd.org
Ms. Dean 7th Grade- Mdean@houstonisd.org
Mr. McClish 8th Grade- Smcclish@houstonisd.org
Ms. Moak Vanguard- Mgordon3@houstonisd.org
Ms. Scott- facilities and technology- Lakenya.Scott@houstonisd.org
We are looking forward to seeing all of you next week!
Paolo Castagnoli, Principal, Frank Black Middle School