Our goal is to support FBMS as an active and collaborative organization. We appreciate your ideas and involvement. Please contact any board member or committee member listed for further information on how to get plugged in and volunteer. FBMS PTO needs your help to complete our myriad of initiatives in support of the school.
Hey Panthers! You love your library, right? Let’s show it! The Panther Pie Fundraiser kicks off this week in support of our FBMS Love Your Library campaign!
This fundraiser is easy as pie! Simply sell pies (five delicious varieties) to friends, family and neighbors, through Fri. Nov. 30. The order form will be passed out in homeroom on Wednesday. Please be sure to do the following if you’re in it to win it!
· Fill out the top portion of the order form with your name, grade, House and parent’s email address.
· Use the form (on back) for your pie sales, which can be paid for with cash or checks.
· Pies can also be purchased with credit or debit cards online at www.fbmspto.org/panther-pie-fundraiser.
· Turn in your order form on Friday, Nov. 30 to the Main Office.
· Pick up your order (all pies you sold) on Wed. Dec. 19 in the FBMS Community Center. The pies are freshly made by Pie in the Sky Bakery.
It's a sweet deal!
Here’s what you can win!
· Panthers who sell 10 pies or more win a Free Dress Pass!
· House of Pies Contest:
The House that sells the most pies gets to choose WHO gets a PIE in the FACE! Note: The pie victim must be Ms. Honore or a grade-level Dean!
· Pizza Pie Party: The top five pie sellers in each grade level win a spot at the Panther Pizza Pie Party!
Thanks for your help with the Love Your Library campaign!!!
Here are the details about auditioning for the FBMS spring musical, "Once on This Island".
Audition details (3 steps):
1. Prepare 16 measures of a song to sing for Ms. Corley (this can be any song!)
2. Attend one of two initial auditions on Wed, Nov 14 (4pm-6pm) or Wed, Nov 28 (4pm-6pm) where you will sing your prepared song (or a short part of it).
3. Callbacks will be the week of Dec 20, where you will do a short dance audition for Ms. Nesby, and you may be asked to sing again.
Final cast announcements will occur in January.
Congratulations to the FBMS theater group that won third place in District this past weekend performing their play, “And a Child Shall Lead.” They also won the following awards:
Best Crew: FBMS
Outstanding crew: Christian Hinojosa, Assistant Director
Honorable Mention All Star Cast: Morgan Yeage and Danny Kuehn
All Star Cast: Evan Neff
Big thanks to Ms. Megan Jackson, our amazing Theatre Arts Teacher!!
Support our Baseball and Softball booster clubs with $5 chicken on Fridays from Hartz!
No School All Next Week!
Have dinner and support your school this Thursday, November 15th at Bernie’s Burger Bus. They are located at 2200 Yale Street. See you there!!
Magnet tours are ongoing at FBMS this Fall on Thursdays at 1pm. In addition, there will be two evening magnet tours at 6:00pm (November 13 and December 5) to accommodate schedules for those who cannot attend daytime tours. Spread the word!
In addition, if any current FBMS parents are interested in accompanying school personnel on the tours, please sign up here to do so. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0c49a9aa2ca64-parent. Parents touring often like to ask questions of other parents!
Everybody say CHEESE! School photos will be taken this Thursday, November 15th. Reminder for 6th and 7th graders: the photo becomes your ID for next year!
If you did not receive a photo form, you can also go online to prepay at www.prepayorders.com. Use code fbm3543. Extra forms are available in the front office.
Parents, please know that your children will be receiving their report cards this Friday, November 16. Let’s stay on top of those grades!
HISD will host its next Parent University session this Thursday, November 15th at 5:30pm at the following schools: Washington HS, Milby HS, Pin Oak MS, Wisdom HS, and Yates HS. Free dinner, childcare and interpreters will be provided.
Exercise your right to vote!
On Election Day, you must vote at your designated precinct location. Use the link below to find your proper location:
Also, FBMS will be used as a polling location today. Be advised that traffic may be a bit more congested than usual.
Parents, please remember that all students will be dismissed early this Friday, November 9 at 12:30 pm.
Congratulations to the FBMS theatre group that advanced to district this past weekend performing their latest play, “And a Child Shall Lead.” The following awards were also given to individual students: Best Tech-Cameron Koen, Honorable Mention-Lauren Seghers, All Star Cast-Morgan Yaege and Danny Kheun, and Best Actor-Evan Neff. Don’t miss the amazing school performance this Thursday, November 8th at 6:00 pm in the FBMS theater. Tickets will be $3 in advance and $5 at the door.